22 June 2007

The Five Things I Dig About Jesus Meme

Eileen tagged me with the latest blog "meme," Five Things I Dig About Jesus.

1. Those tagged will share 5 Things They Dig About Jesus.
2. Those tagged will tag 5 people.
3. Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what’s being posted.

So here goes, I dig that...

1. Jesus was fully human, as well as fully divine. That gets overlooked way too often.
2. Jesus was a radical ! As opposed to the religious hierarchy of his day (the Pharisees), the occupying foreign power in the region (the Romans), and to the "we want a warrior king" expectations the Jews had of the Messiah.
3. Jesus spent an awful lot of time telling us things that are in opposition to the modern day Religious Right. Like "judge not, lest thee be judged," and "take care of the poor, the widow, the orphan" (Ooooo! a social gospel! how awful ;)
4. Jesus had a sense of humor.
5. Jesus spent so much time showing outsiders that they weren't excluded from the Kingdom. Prostitutes, the chronically ill, tax collectors...heck, he probably even welcomed Lberals! (mercy!)

OK, I tag:

Fr. Jake
Fr. Bill Carroll
Dennis
Jared Cramer
Fr. Mike from my parish ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool list David.

Jesus was definitely a liberal..!

Bill Carroll said...

I'm not sure I can pass it on to five more, since most of my blog friends have already responded, but I will respond.

btw, one of my five, Jesus IS a radical (not WAS!)

David said...

Heh. Point taken, good father :)

Bill Carroll said...

Here's my post.

http://anglicanresistance.blogspot.com/2007/06/five-things-i-dig-about-jesus.html