14 May 2008

Stuff White People Like

In case you're not reading Dan's excellent blog Culture Choc (and you should), he pointed his readers to one of the funniest sites I've seen in ages:

Stuff White People Like

Here're a few examples. Don't have a mouthful of your favorite beverage, or you'll lose a keyboard ;)

#1 - Coffee. White people all need Starbucks, Second Cup or Coffee Bean. They are also fond of saying “you do NOT want to see me before I get my morning coffee.” White guys will also call it anything but coffee: “rocket fuel,” “java,” “joe,” “black gold,” and so forth. It’s pretty garbage all around. If you want to go for extra points - white people really love FAIR TRADE coffee, because paying the extra $2 means they are making a difference.

#2 - Religions that their parents don't belong to. White people will often say they are “spiritual” but not religious. Which usually means that they will believe any religion that doesn’t involve Jesus...Mostly they are into religion that fits really well into their homes or wardrobe and doesn’t require them to do very much.

#11 - Asian Girls. 95% of white males have at one point in their lives, experienced yellow fever...White men love asian women so much that they will go to extremes such as stating that Sandra Oh is sexy, teaching English in Asia, playing in a coed volleyball league, or attending institutions such as UBC or UCLA.

1 comment:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I wish I had seen this before I started on my race conversation! ;-)

Forgive me for not commenting more than I do. Sometimes I forget to check in here---but I have just started using a feed reader (and yes, I know I'm about 3 years behind!), so I won't miss your brilliant stuff anymore.