Got tagged by Eileen, so here goes...
- Link to the person that tagged you. (done)
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six people and at the end of your post, link to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I'm a Southern boy and know that certain dishes are meant to be finger foods (e.g. fried chicken, ribs). But having me eat with my fingers, and esp. licking them off (Mmmmm...BBQ saaaaaauce), drives my wife nuts. I do it anyway.
2. Being a bit absent-minded, I tend to do things like always put important stuff (wallet, keys) in the same spot in the house everytime, always park in the same general area when visiting the local mall, movie theatre, etc... Saves much anxiety on my part.
3. I find Wal-Mart to be an incredibly tacky & depressing place, and it's almost painful for me to patronize one. I felt this way even before finding out about their predatory business practices, lousy treatment of their employees, etc..., and will go to some length to avoid shopping there. I am, however, quite fond of discount stores like Target and IKEA.
4. Don't like Italian food. Matter of fact, I'm not fond of any food containing tomatoes. However, I will eat almost anything from various Asian cuisines at least once, incl. some pretty weird stuff (try "Beef with Bitter Melon" on for size sometime).
5. I'm hooked, not just on coffee in the morning, but on good coffee. At home, we buy beans and grind our own before we make it. When traveling, I'll go to quite a bit of trouble to at least find a Starbuck's vs. drinking (yech!) Folgers or some swill from the local convenience store.
6. I'm a middle-aged, middle-class, straight, white, Southern male who has absolutely no interest in NASCAR, Major League anything, hunting, fishing, conservative Protestantism, or Republican politics.
OK, so I tag PJ, Grandmère Mimi, Fr. Bill, the Doxy, Kristin, and DP :)