24 November 2008

15 reasons Macs are Still Better Than Windows PCs

APC, the longest running computer magazine in Australia, posts a list of why Macs are still better than Windows PCs:
I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly because Macs are now PCs -- so the argument is more about Mac OS X vs Windows vs Linux than a proprietary Mac architecture vs an x86 PC architecture), but I still find it confounding that after all these years, people still don't know the basics of the upsides of Macs and OS X...

So here's my answer. Note, despite what I said above about the argument really being between operating systems these days, I've looked at Macs as a hardware and software combination in this article, pitted against regular PCs running Windows.
---APC Web Editor Dan Warne

The full article is here. Some of my favorites are:

  • Apple seems largely to be lameness free.
  • Apple doesn’t load the system up with crap.
  • More useful apps out of the box.
  • Still no need for additional security software.

Plus one of my own - the power and stability of Unix married with the most well-designed personal computer user interface experience on the planet (so far).

1 comment:

IT said...

well, DUH. ;-)

(Typed on a new Macbook)

IT